Our family is heading on vacation at the end of this week! We have an 8.5 hour drive down to Baltimore and then we’re leaving on a week long cruise. Of course for the past week my mind has been going non stop with packing lists, shopping lists, things I need to get done before we leave, and so much more. The one thing I haven’t been worrying about, because I already know what I need to bring, is my oil list!
There are all sorts of things that can happen on a vacation, fatigue, upset stomachs, head aches, stress, motion sickness, germ related sicknesses, insect bites, sleeping issues. I told myself I would only bring 5 of my oils (because I have so many other things I need to pack!). I have narrowed it down to these 5 oils, and here is why…
1. Peppermint is amazing for so many reasons, it’s stimulating and invigorating, making it great for fatigue, alertness and energy. Peppermint is great for headaches and migraines, digestive discomfort, fevers, sunburns and other burns, allergies and hives and asthma and sinusitis (just to name a few)! All of these uses for Peppermint makes it a great choice for travelling. I will be using Peppermint during our drive down to Baltimore to help stay awake and alert especially!
2. Lavender is wonderful for calming, making it great for sleep issues, stress and anxiety. Lavender is another oil great for sunburns and allergies as well as cuts, wounds, blisters and bug bites! Lavender is an oil I use on my soon-to-be 1 year old a lot, I know I will be needing this oil for him a lot on this trip since he doesn’t sleep the best in strange places!
3. On Guard is doTERRA’s immune/protective blend. I don’t go anywhere in public without this blend, in fact, I don’t go a day without incorporating this blend into my day somehow! On Guard kills germs and airborne pathogens, tackles cold and flu, staph and strep throat infections, fungal and parasite issues, cold sores, warts and infected wounds. This blend is the best way to avoid getting sick, especially when you’re in a small space with a lot of people (which means a heck of a lot of germs!).
4. ZenGest also known as Digest Zen in the states, is doTERRA’s digestion blend. This is my #1 go-to oil all the time, whenever I eat a meal. Being without a Gallbladder has definitely made eating a challenge for me, but not when I use my ZenGest blend before or after eating! With any sort of stomach discomfort, this oil is a life saver! ZenGest is great for bloating, gas, heartburn, nausea and indigestion, morning sickness, motion and travel sickness, colitis and irritable bowels, diarrhea and constipation, food poisoning and as a plus, it can also be used for a cough and sinus congestion! When you’re travelling and eating foods you’re not used to eating, or frankly, just eating way more than you’re used to, this blend will be your biggest source of comfort!
5. Frankincense is the “King of Oils” and I am rarely without it! Frankincense is such an incredible oil, it’s known for its anticancer and restorative properties, but the reason I will be bringing it with us on this trip is mainly for my father in law. He has been really struggling with health issues, especially lately, and has been getting such bad migraines. I want to make sure I have this oil with me as it has been known to stop a migraine in its tracks! Frankincense is also great for the immune system as well as congestion, cough and allergies.
Those are my top 5 oils for travelling that I know will be the best for supporting my family’s health needs! As usual, if you have any questions or thoughts, I’d love to hear them! Feel free to head over to the contact section and shoot me a message!